Thursday 10 January 2013

Black And White Challenge

BRITTANY DRESS

My client Brittany requested to design a dress for her special ten year anniversary dinner party at a romantic restaurant with a black and white theme. The theme is very tricky. It is not easy to design a dress with such strong contrast yet to have a romantic feel in it. I make a few sketches and finally here is the final sketch.....she loved it:)


The dress is made of floral black lace with interesting criss crossed straps adorned with rhinestones (shines better in the light than my photo). Top back lace is transparent. Asymetrical layered lace and black tulle for the bottom skirt. A large chiffon strap to tie to the back. Handmade flowers dangling down on the side waist for a romantic look. At the end of the process, I decided to add some handmade flowers on the sweetheart neckline to give it a little more 'dramatic' feel as I want my client to stand out in the dinner party without over-exaggerating. Thanks Brit for giving me a chance to design this lovely dress. I am very happy with the outcome and I can't wait to see the photo of my client in the dress:)







No comments:

Post a Comment